Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Training Day I.




2/16/11

I rushed downstairs at 6:30 to check on Wally. I was super scared that his teeth were all messed up or bloody. I opened Wally's mouth and saw that his right side back molar was red. I started freaking out. I was frantic and I screamed at James to get him a plastic crate. So, after feeding and letting Wally outside, I was determined to get him a plastic crate. Thankfully, Fran gave us her plastic crate. James and I crated him and after 15 minutes of training him and 15 minutes of him whining and crying he settled down. Wally tried to gnaw at the front grill of the plastic crate, but he didn't clamp down on it. I was so happy that he didn't. PRAISE THE LORD! James and I cleaned up a little and had lunch at home. Wally was down for an hour and gave Wally lunch. We took him outside and Wally peed. We let Wally explore hoping that he would poo, but no success.

I had to go teach my Wednesday afternoon piano lessons and James went to go Jazzercise. James left around 5:30PM. I got home around 6:45PM. When I did get home and opened the door, Wally was fast asleep until I walked past his crate. He didn't start whining and crying until I turned on the TV and the lights. I think the metronome and classical music are really helping him out.

I also took him outside and he peed. I praised him ... (should I praise louder!??) ... anyway, I came back with him and prepped his dinner. I put down his food and water bowls and he mauled it. I stepped away to make his cheese and fish oil "casserole" and he went up the stairs and pooped in the same place again on top of the stairs. I immediately cleaned it up and went back down to grab his food and water. I brought it the "spot" and he continued to have his dinner - all 3 courses. After putting his food and his water away, Fran came was at the door and told me that Wally was fast asleep when she got home - around 5:30PM.

I don't know if I should let him have his water all the time ... I mean - it's not really hot outside???? HELP, PLOX?!

No comments:

Post a Comment