Wednesday, February 16, 2011

UTD (up-to-date) ... PART 1


So, the last couple of days have been good.

2/13/11:

We got home from the breeder's home in Oak Forest around 7:30PM. James and I were exhausted from driving almost 3 hours round trip back and forth.

The good thing is that we got some of the basics from the breeder. We got a Ziploc(R) bag of dog food, puppy training pads, and a blanket with Shelby's (his mother) scent.

It took Wally about 30 minutes to get accustomed to first floor our house. Within the first 5 minutes being inside, he peed and pooped on the carpet - which we knew was going to happen. James went out and got some chew toys, treats, and a bed while I cooked dinner.

After James got back, we had dinner. It was late and James and I were anticipating for a long night.

We put Wally in the master bathroom with his newly bought stuff. I played classical music hoping to calm him down, but immediately after we closed the door - he started whining. James and I rushed to his rescue. After calming him down and also putting on a night light - he finally went down. All was good and James and Jon got some sleep.


2/14/11:

Valentine's Day - our 6 year anniversary. I woke up at 6:30 hoping to go workout at 8AM, but when I was going down the stairs at 6:45, I realized that we got a puppy. FAIL. I rushed back up the stairs and open the door slowly to find Wally waiting for someone to tend to him. I praised him and carried him downstairs and placed him on the carpet. I went to the fridge to nibble on some leftovers and when I got back to him a few moments later, he did his "business" again on the floor. I cleaned it up and sat with him on the couch and petted him while watching Fox First Thing in the Morning. Around 8AM, James came down and tended to his needs while I had to get ready to teach my Monday morning piano lessons. Right before I left, I hugged and kissed James and Wally goodbye and did my thing.

I got back from teaching and acquiring a new piano student at 12:30 and my GBF (girl best friend) was over with her 5-month-old daughter, Lily. James, Suzanne, and Lily got better acquainted and got the "seal of approval" from Suzanne. James, Suzanne, Lily and I went to lunch and took Wally to the veterinarian for the first time for his first check up and shots. The vet(erinarian) gave Wally a clean bill of health with the exception that he needs a eye tacking on both of his eyes. Wally's eyelids are partially folded which if not treated can lead to eye infections and blindness.
After the vet, Suzanne took us home and James stayed with Wally while I went to go teach.

I got back around 6PM and all was good. James and I went to dinner at Park Street Cafe in Mundelein to celebrate our anniversary. James left Wally in the master bathroom with the same scenario: classical music, night light, bed, 2 puppy pads, and some toys. Dinner was fantastic at Park Street - as always.

We got back and went to bed after calming Wally down when we got back.

No comments:

Post a Comment